Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Peace

John 14:27 (NIV) 'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"

There are times when God speaks to me in bits and pieces.  Yesterday I Googled what God said about fear and  heard  " do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid " speak to me.  What I didn't hear until today was the first part of this verse.  "peace I leave with you; peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives."  Peace!  How did I miss this?  Not only does he want me to fear not.  He wants me to be at peace.  Right now there are so many things that  am not  a peace about.  My body, my food, my parents, my sister, and myself.  Yet there it is in the Word.  " Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you'
All I have to do is step out in faith and take that peace. One day a at a time.  How can I be so afraid of tomorrow when his grace was enough for me today.

This shouldn't be a great surprise that God spoke to me through the part of the verse that I missed.  Peace! He will be the healer of my body and soul. Peace, he promises me whether I weigh 110 lbs or 130lbs.  I hear his voice speak to me today.  I believe he is telling me that I will be fine where ever I land, or rather wherever He places me.

No comments:

Post a Comment