Monday, April 23, 2012

Fear

John 14:27 (NLT)  "Do not be troubled or afraid"  Easier said than done!  Today I am afraid of the weight that I have put on.  It feels as though it is coming on way too quickly and like I have lost control.  So, although God promises that we need not be troubled or afraid, I am more than afraid.  I am terrified.  I am uncomfortable.  I fear that my body will betray me and just become fat ugly and disgusting.

Today I was surprised to see that my weight was the same or even up a couple ounces since I ran 9 miles yesterday. I eat according to my meal plan but don't really compensate for the calories expended.  See it just proves that my body has taken on a mind of its own.  Oh why didn't I leave well enough alone?  At least I knew what my body was doing a year ago.  Now I have no idea of how it will respond to refueling.  I hope that the weight is muscle and not fat.  I have my body fat measured this week.  Will that reassure me that I am not just fat?  Will it confirm my greatest fear that I am losing control of the only thing that was under my power?

I have packed my size 1 jeans in my gym bag.  The ones I bought to get me through my loss, but now they are, well they are fitting.  I miss the way the hung on my frame only weeks ago.  I feel the fabric hug my thighs, although they still fit easily around my waist.  I am sure it is a matter of days before I won't wear them at all.  That was the plan.  I would wear them just until I regained the weight, my health and myself.  Now I feel like getting rid of them is getting rid of a part of me.  I don't know if I am ready to part with them.

Although my body seems foreign to me, I feel more like my old self even though I am definitely distracted by the discomfort of the weight.   I am stronger and no longer shake from the inside out.  I seem to be sleeping better.  My mind seems clearer and actually attached to my body, but still I am afraid and troubled.  I pray for peace; that He will not give me more than I can bare.  Continuing to nourish my body is a huge leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment