Sunday, April 8, 2012

He Is Risen....

John 11:25-26 ( NIV ) "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die"

Happy Easter! I open the paper and watch the news only to see Easter egg hunts, Easter bonnets, Easter bunnies, and of course Peeps!  I even see a report on a church the is holding a drawing to give away attendees a chance at $500.00 to encourage attendance.  All I can see is my Savior on the cross dying for my transgressions and all people.  That is enough to draw me into church to praise his holy name, and acknowledge that my God is not dead.  1 Corinthians 15:4 ( NIV ) " That he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures"

So it is by faith that I walk through each day.  My Lord lives.  It is by and through this faith that  HE has carried me through my life since the day I first believed as a nine year old. Even when I have chosen to try to walk alone, I see his hands in my life.  Hands that reach for me and desire to pull me in.  Hands that desire to carry the burdens that I was never meant to carry.  Hands that desire to heal my mind, body and soul.

So it was by faith in his opening of my eyes to what I had done to my body that I stepped out  into REALLY re-fueling my body and it is by faith that I continue to eat for nourishment despite my fear of the 4-5lbs I have gained.  I am fearful yet I know that I know He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment