Friday, July 12, 2013

With Me


Mark 5:30 " Jesus realized at once that the healing power had gone from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked ' who touched my robe?' "( NLT )


With Me

It goes with me wherever I go
Following like a haunting fragrance of the past
Or before me like my shadow
It is hidden
It is visible
Yet, it goes with me wherever I go

I can push it away
For a moment
For a day
Still, it goes with me wherever I go

I can swat it like
A buzzing bee
Only to miss
And feel its' sting
It wounds me as it goes with me wherever I go

It calls for me
It wants to be heard
I tune out
By tuning it in
It beckons me as it goes with me wherever I go

I bury it deep
In the cracks of my mind
And the crevices of my soul
It digs and it digs
Clawing its' way to the surface
Gasping for air
wanting to thrive
Over and over again
It is persistent as it goes with me wherever I go

When I don't run back to catch it
Somehow it catches up with me
It is sneaky as it goes with me wherever I go

It is time to send it on its' way
Far enough that it can't go with me wherever I go
Like a security blanket
I can't part with it
so I tuck it away
I need to know where it is
If it is not going with me wherever I go

I may need to find it
Run my fingers along the edges that are frayed
Allowing it to comfort me again

Or...It can remind me that I have grown
By simply touching his robe.

























No comments:

Post a Comment