Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Silent Tears


Psalm 56:8 “ You keep track of my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in your bottle” ( NLT )


Silent Tears


Your bottle holds my sorrows
My tears
The ones I can’t bare to shed
It holds the pain of a little girl
Who cries at night instead
She holds her pain
Her grief
Behind the perfect veil
But deep inside
She works feverishly
To stifle the deafening wail
The silent tears fall
None the less
They do not make a sound
Yet You Lord reach to catch them
Before they hit the ground 
She cries “Abba father”
(Daddy)
“I am tired
In need of a place to rest”
You Lord listen patiently
To her
And enfold her to your chest
Finally she is in a place
Where every child needs to be
Safe
Where tears can flow like water falls
That empty into the sea
For now, her tears and sorrow
Are in your bottle
Where they belong
Held until the day
Your little girl is strong
Strong enough to feel the pain
That she doesn’t want to see
Strong enough to realize
That she is really Me

No comments:

Post a Comment